Affordable Doorless Kitchen Cabinets Ideas
A doorless cabinet is a simple storage space that makes it easier and at the same time enhances the look of the kitchen in your home.
Nowadays, cabinets without doors are a common choice in modern households, rather than closed kitchen cabinets.
These doorless cabinets not only give your kitchen a chic and eclectic atmosphere but are also an effective way to open up more space in your kitchen.
However, properly cleaning and organizing all kinds of contents in a cabinet without a door can be difficult.
If not properly cared for, the items in there can look dirty.
If you happen to have a cabinet without a door (not a closed cabinet) in your kitchen and you want to keep it organized, then this article is for you to read.
A Doorless Cabinet is Tantamount to Open Shelves
Choosing kitchen cabinets without doors (or what we can call or often hear open shelves) as storage space in the kitchen can be challenging, but not impossible because there are many ways to make your open kitchen shelves look clean and stylish.
Reporting from several sources, this is how you need to do to organize an open kitchen shelf;
1. Get rid of unattractive items Do not display items that look unattractive on open shelves. To make it look neat, you can fill it with interesting items that you rarely use.
2. Arrange to lay As a general use, keep items you use frequently on the bottom shelf for easy access and items you rarely use on the highest shelves.
3. Make it harmonious Don’t try to include too many different colors or styles in one cabinet because it can make it look messy.
So, it is time to get rid of mismatched plates and buy a few that are color-coordinated.
4. Don’t put groceries in there Avoid storing food or groceries on open shelves, because food items are often guaranteed to clutter up open shelves.
So it’s best to keep food items elsewhere unless you have an attractive-looking container to put in there. Get a spice rack instead of storing spices on this shelf.
5. Bring wood elements One way to store items here is to add a touch of wood to them.
Think wooden bowls and utensils, or other materials that will make the room look more stylish.
6. Arrange them laying again. If you really want to organize it, then you have to separate the shelves into sections.
For example, you could use one section of the open shelf for a cookbook, another section for coffee supplies, and so on.
7. Group items together. If you keep drinking glasses on an open shelf, group them together. Likewise with spices, serving plates, and bowls.
8. Pay attention to utensils Avoid putting utensils and plastics on your open shelf in the kitchen, unless you have very cute cooking utensils in your house.
9. Minimize Do not overload open shelves with lots of items, because it will make your kitchen feel messy and unaesthetic.
In addition, don’t forget to clean the kitchen room regularly to avoid dust from spreading to the shelves.
10. Shelf for a specific purpose Let’s say you have some clutter on your open kitchen shelf, but you can’t really get rid of them.
The potential solution is to separate your shelf into sections. For example, save one section for all of your cookbooks, use another section to stock up on coffee, and so on.
Done right, it can turn the clutter into a casual-chic look that’s ideal for smaller kitchens.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.