The kitchen is a space in the house that stores very many items, ranging from cooking utensils, cutlery, food containers, to spices. The kitchen is indeed one of the rooms that must be in the house. Both large and small, various kitchen utensils must spread in the kitchen area. Not only about cleanliness, but storage of kitchen equipment also needs to be considered. Well-stored kitchen utensils will be more durable and also avoid various bacteria and dirt which sometimes we cannot avoid in this area.
Many people are overwhelmed by providing space for storage. Therefore, a storage design that can contain many items is needed. In this modern era, there are already many designers who design various storage rack furniture for the kitchen. Not only does it function well, but also furniture designs that further beautify your kitchen space and the storage area is the pantry.
This pantry is a storage area for ingredients and cooking utensils as well as a cooking preparation area. The pantry can be small and rough or even large enough to be a separate space.
The term “pantry” itself comes from English which means “small room for storing glassware or snacks”, so the pantry is part of the kitchen that is used to store various types of cooking tools and various ingredients for making dishes. Therefore the pantry is usually equipped with a cabinet for storage.
In addition, there are rigid areas such as the area beside the refrigerator, can be used as a storage place for kitchen spices and other small items with a slim pantry with a pull-out system. This pantry is equipped with wheels under it to make it easy to pull.
In the development of the pantry then it was also used as a place to put food or drinks. If you don’t have more space for the pantry area, you can make your own storage area under the base cabinet. By placing a thick wooden board supported by reinforcing iron, be an open shelf. This rack will certainly be strong enough to withstand the burden of various kinds of equipment and food ingredients. At the bottom, you can also make a wooden chest to store food or cans of food.
You can make minor modifications by putting a partition to create smaller rooms that can be used to store small and rarely used kitchen objects, such as bottle opener, cutter knife, scissors and so on. Another great idea could be to make a storage area for spices placed near the stove. There are many possible hidden shelves that you can make in your kitchen. All depends on your creativity and your budget. There are many benefits that you can enjoy when having a hidden storage rack in the kitchen.
The benefits of using the pantry in the kitchen are as follows:
1. Save budget. The first advantage that you can get is that you can reduce the expenses needed by you when making this small sized pantry.
2. Easy to clean. By choosing a smaller pantry you can also more easily clean the pantry room.
3. The kitchen is neater. As mentioned above, there are many items that must be stored in the kitchen. With the hidden storage rack, you keep a variety of important items in the kitchen into it so that the kitchen looks neater and orderly.
4. Easier to Find Items. When you put a variety of important items in the appropriate storage rack, you will be easier when looking for items, kitchen spices, and cooking utensils when needed. So your cooking activities are far more smooth and comfortable.
5. Make good use of space. The hidden pantry or storage rack is usually used in small kitchens because this rack is made as an alternative storage area that is limited when you have a small kitchen. The storage area in the small kitchen is also limited, so utilizing the available space into a hidden shelf is certainly a smart way to make the kitchen more organized.