35 Best Open Concept Kitchen Living Room Small Space
Your house is small and crowded? You might need to try the open-plan interior concept that unites the kitchen with the family room and living room.
The concept that is suitable for use in this minimalist home is even possible to not provide insulation at all in the house.
Space without insulation will certainly make your home feel more relieved. So there really is only one room that covers the whole.
By applying the concept of an open floor plan, you can combine the kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, until the workspace in one room.
The advantage of this concept is that it makes it easier for you to carry out various activities more practically and efficiently, in addition to minimizing the use of space.
Advantages and disadvantages
As with other concepts, the open-plan concept kitchen also has some positive and negative sides.
1. Easier circulation between rooms because there is no need for doors to be opened or closed.
2. Social interaction between residents can be built more because it is not blocked by walls so that all can be seen.
3. Can share light and air with a flow that flows more freely because there is no barrier wall.
4. Because the room is open, you can be freer to explore the layout and function of the room. For example, when there are gatherings at homes such as social gatherings or recitation, with this layout concept you can freely change the appearance as needed.
1. There is no voice control. Because of the union of several spaces, sounds from one room to another can be heard clearly. So, if for example one of the residents again needs a calm atmosphere. Like it or not, I have to give up by evacuating to another room that is indeed separate like the bedroom.
So that everyone can feel comfortable, make sure first, how will the needs and activities of each occupant at home later.
2. What is interesting is that recent studies have shown that in other countries, despite the elimination of walls and doors, the open-plan concept does not significantly reduce development costs. Enough energy is needed to heat and cool the room in one large room rather than dividing it into small rooms and leaving something left hot or cold.
Fortunately in tropical countries, even though we still need air conditioning to cool the room, the open-plan concept can still be made efficient by maximizing natural ventilation.
3. Because of the small number of walls, structurally the building blocks must be planned bigger and stronger so that they can withstand the overall building load.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.