26 Best Outdoor Kitchen with Pergola Ideas
Now, enjoying the fresh air in an outdoor kitchen doesn’t need to be afraid of being exposed to the hot sun.
The outdoor kitchen design with a pergola can be one of the best solutions to keep out the hot sun.
In addition, a kitchen pergola with a beautiful design is part of the exterior decoration of your favorite home.
You can relax enjoying the lush trees while enjoying a cup of hot drink and a favorite book.
Along with its development, the kitchen pergola design has become a support for the exterior of the house which is also included in the design planning.
Various designs are offered, adjusting to the needs of the outdoor kitchen theme in the house.
Here are some outdoor kitchen designs with a pergola that you can choose from and suit your home design!
Outdoor Kitchen with Pergola
As mentioned above, having an outdoor kitchen means having to deal with natural weather which is hot and rainy.
To be able to overcome this, make sure the roof of the kitchen uses a tent such as a pergola to anticipate the food you cook is affected by this weather.
The selected pergola can be in various options and types. Its closed shape will be the perfect protector of your outdoor kitchen.
A little explanation about Pergola
Pergola is a framework formed from several types of material that serves to decorate the garden area in front of or behind the house.
In general, a pergola is built as a gathering place.
However, along with the development of science and home design trends, the pergola is used for various things.
These days, apart from being used as a shelter, many people use a pergola as the frame for a small gazebo.
Not a few also use the pergola as a gate decorated with vines.
Of the various types of the pergola, the wooden pergola is the type that is in demand by many people.
The wooden pergola design is more elegant and natural, the construction process is faster than other types of the pergola.
Other types of pergolas that you can apply at home include:
- Steel pergola: Pergola made of steel.
- Pitched pergola: Pergola that blends in with the house, usually used as a garage or roof terrace.
- Open Pergola: Pergola with the perforated roof. The type is usually used as a shaded roof.
- Triangular pergola: The shape of a pergola with a triangular roof, usually used as a gate or entrance to a gazebo
Simple Pergola Design Tips That Are Inexpensive But Still Comfortable
1. Make the pergola as simple as possible. No need to use additional “accessories”. You could say, use design components that if not present, the Pergola will “collapse”. If without these components the pergola can still stand, minimize it as much as possible.
2. No need to use the floor. The pergola is not a gazebo that is generally formed with the floor.
3. Or, use garden stones as floors of the Pergola. This will save you a lot of money buying wood and other materials for flooring. Choose big stones. For comfort, use mats when the stones feel damp or garden chairs.
4. If you want to use the roof, make it less tight. The concept of outdoor buildings such as gazebos and pergolas is a place to relax, not take shelter from the rain. Or if you want to avoid the heat of the sun, place your Pergola under a tree.
5. As a roof, you can also use tarpaulin, zinc, or other similar materials. No need to worry about looking bad. With the right touch, your simple, low-cost pergola will still be attractive and comfortable to use.
6. If you want an artistic pergola, just use the original tree trunk as the construction. No need to use artificial complicated designs that cost more.
7. You can also take advantage of the support from other materials/objects on the page. For example, erecting a pergola attached to the fence while using it to support the pergola itself. Pergola will also look more unique and blend with the home page
8. Create a Pergola with a medium to small size.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.