17 Beautiful PVC Kitchen Ceiling Ideas
PVC ceiling finish allows you to get an aesthetic kitchen ceiling covering, which is not only beautiful but also easy to care for – while the installation costs are minimal.
What are the benefits of PVC ceilings on kitchen ceilings?
Consider their main advantages in “kitchen” conditions.
The advantages of PVC ceilings in the kitchen
Easy maintenance of PVC ceilings
This PVC ceiling is very easy to maintain.
When cleaning PVC ceiling panels, there is no need for special substances – pollution and soot stored on the kitchen ceiling, they are easy to remove.
There are only restrictions on the choice of cleaning products for glossy and mirror surfaces – you cannot use abrasives here.
Resistant to water
PVC ceilings will withstand even the worst roof leaks – and will dry on their own without damage, requiring no intervention on your part.
You should remove the ceiling only if the amount of water entering your ceiling is very large.
It is because the water-resistance of this material is most often used for ceiling cladding in bathrooms and on balconies.
Well, and in kitchen conditions, finishing with PVC ceilings is very actual if you often leak from above.
In addition, PVC ceilings in the kitchen help to hide communications (cables and pipes) and, a significant plus of this type of suspended ceiling are that they do not require a perfectly flat ceiling and hide even their significant defects.
It should be noted the benefits of PVC ceilings such as:
1. Shape stability even with sharp temperature changes.
2. Possibility of trouble-free fixing of attractive spotlights anywhere within reach.
3. Repair and installation of PVC ceilings can be done independently. For this, a frame is assembled, and a PVC panel is attached to it from above. It is not necessary to create a perfectly flat surface.
4. This finish allows you to perform additional sound insulation due to its inclusion in the frame of the appropriate material.
5. PVC ceiling is safe for the environment and has no foreign odor, which is proportional to the tension structure.
6. Affordable prices.
Among the disadvantages of PVC ceilings, it can only be noted that the construction refers to the installed, which means that it will slightly reduce the overall height of the ceiling.
Choosing a PVC ceiling design
The finish by PVC ceilings is also a set of various design decisions.
Such a ceiling can be mirrored or translucent, imitating ceramic, bamboo, metal, or marble and wooden motifs.
White PVC panels will closely resemble fancier white wood wall panels and will match any interior style and color.
Matte PVC ceiling will look better in the kitchen, and gloss is more appropriate in the bathroom.
Tips on buying PVC ceilings at the store
When you have decided on a design, you need to go over the matter of purchasing materials.
It is important that you buy a high-quality PVC ceiling, and for this, you need to consider the following recommendations;
1. PVC ceiling sheet and its edges should be even – even the slightest roughness in the joint zone will lead to the fact that the integrity of the suspension structure is damaged.
2. Each PVC panel must be evenly painted, without inclusions. If the design involves color transitions within the same web, then it must be uniform and smooth.
3. The panels should also not be too thin and soft.
4.To check the quality of the PVC ceiling, press the panel with two fingers and bend the corners several times – a quality panel should not crack and, moreover, break, only a small amount of deformation is allowed.
5. PVC ceiling panels are lighter and more fragile than PVC for partition walls, and therefore transportation and installation must be carried out with great care.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.