32 Elegant Small L-Shaped Kitchen Ideas
Having a small kitchen space is often a problem so it requires the right design so that all areas can be used effectively.
The l-shaped kitchen is the right choice to fulfill both the aesthetic and functional needs of space.
This L-shaped kitchen decor is a practical solution and is right for a small kitchen space.
Although basically, the L-shaped kitchen design is flexible because it can be used in small and large-sized kitchens.
This L-shaped kitchen is intentionally designed to maximize available space that allows you to use the kitchen space more efficiently.
For small kitchens, the free space in the middle will make it free when moving.
Whereas in large kitchens, empty space in the middle can be filled with a kitchen island.
The important thing to know before designing this L-shaped kitchen is to determine the type of kitchen work triangle to use.
The kitchen work triangle is the theory of laying stoves, sinks, and refrigerators which are believed to be very efficient in the cooking process.
The L-shaped kitchen is formed from two cabinets that are side by side and meet in one corner that forms the letter l and is often referred to as the foot L.
Most of these kitchen layouts use two cabinets namely the base cabinet and upper cabinet.
The length can vary according to the available kitchen area.
Generally, L-shaped kitchens have separate legs for cleaning & cooking areas.
The cabinet is designed as optimal and functional storage for storing important kitchen needs.
The L-shaped kitchen design allows you to make the kitchen area open, which can make it easier to move around other rooms.
This kitchen layout also makes it easy for you to combine your kitchen space with other rooms such as a living room, dining room, and corner breakfast area.
Open floors often provide a modern and spacious feel (generally in large kitchens).
The right combination of elements will produce a beautiful shaped kitchen. This l-shaped kitchen has advantages, including:
Benefits of L-shaped Kitchen:
- The Most Adaptable Layout.
- Ideal for Open Floor Plans. You can easily combine your kitchen with other rooms.
- Separate Cooktop & Sink. Not susceptible to splashes.
- Flexible Work Zone. With triangle kitchen theory work that makes it easy for you to move.
- Add Smart Corner Solutions. The strategic position of the kitchen is in the corner of the room.
- Efficient for smaller spaces.
- Working Triangle Makes Moving Easier. Separate sink, refrigerator, and stove placement.
- Add Kitchen Island. The kitchen island will be very helpful in an L-shaped kitchen with a note that the size of the kitchen is not too small (medium-sized kitchen).
- Suitable for Small & Medium Kitchen Areas. As the best solution for small homes like apartments.
However, this kitchen design also has drawbacks, namely:
L-Shaped Kitchen Lack:
- The distance can be problematic. Because the kitchen is too narrow.
- Not Suitable for Many Chefs. Usually for small families and a maximum of only two people who cook.
- Base Corner Cabinet can be difficult to operate. Corner cabinets cannot be used properly, because they are squeezed by one another.
- Islands to Increase Storage. Limited storage space, so it requires other storage areas such as storage under the kitchen island.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.